Every day, the Clean Economy Wire offers essential news from the clean-economy front. From national political developments to hometown clean-energy news, Clean Economy Wire keeps you in the loop. Stories are archived, as well, and there is a searchable database of material. Clean Economy Wire is a valuable tool for anybody who wants to understand the fast-growing clean economy.
- Bad Karma: How Fisker Burned Through $1.4B on a Green Car June 17, 2013Source: (Reuters) Danish designer Henrik Fisker knows how to style a sexy car. Among his works is the BMW Z8, driven by James Bond in "The World Is Not Enough," where the sleek roadster gets sliced in two by a helicopter armed with giant saws. Fisker's latest piece of rolling sculpture is the comely Fisker Karma hybrid sports sedan — and it m […]
- Asia’s Biggest Solar-Thermal Power Plant Starts June 17, 2013Source: (Bloomberg) Godawari Power & Ispat Ltd. (GODPI) started Asia’s biggest solar-thermal plant as India limps toward clean-energy targets with prices almost half the global average. read more […]
- Automakers Pressed to Sell No-Emission Cars to Reluctant Buyers June 17, 2013Source: (Bloomberg) Automakers are coming under increasing pressure to sell zero-emission vehicles to U.S. consumers who haven’t shown much interest in them, with more states following California’s lead in setting sales targets. read more […]
- Tesla Looking to Make Electric Vehicles Mainstream: Q&A June 17, 2013Source: (Boston Globe) While other federally backed “green technology” companies like Waltham’s A123 Systems have flopped, electric car maker Tesla Motors Inc. posted a profit in the first quarter of 2013. The California company has repaid its federal loans and earned rave reviews for its latest car. But Tesla is fighting for the right to sell its cars dire […]
- Siemens Pulls Plug on Last Solar Energy Business June 17, 2013Source: (Reuters) German industrial conglomerate Siemens (SIEGn.DE) is shutting down the last of its solar energy businesses after it failed to find a buyer, the company said on Monday. read more […]
- Wind Deals May Push Austin Utility to 35% Renewable Energy Target June 17, 2013Source: (Austin American-Statesman ) Austin Energy is on the verge of signing two large-scale wind contracts that would satisfy the city-owned utility’s goal of getting 35 percent of its electricity from renewable sources — four years ahead of a 2020 target date. read more […]
- World's Wind Turbines Cross the 300 Gigawatt Mark June 17, 2013Source: (Reuters) The world will have enough wind turbines to generate more than 300 gigawatts of power - the equivalent of 114 nuclear power plants - by the end of the year, industry figures show. read more […]